Saturday, October 11, 2008

Ferrero Rocher Cupcakes

So I found this recipe for cupcakes that taste "exactly" like the Ferrero Rocher candies. I have yearned and yearned to try this recipe, but could not find hazelnut extract in any local stores and just couldn't stomach the cost of shipping some here. But a recent trip to the New Pioneer Co-op in Coralville contained a delightful surprise. At the last moment, already standing in the checkout line, I noticed a small baking section. "Hold on a sec" I told my dear hubby and excitedly beelined to the bestest section of any store. Lo and behold, what do I triumphantly return to the checkout line with? Why yes, it was a bottle of hazelnut extract. Woohoo!! So I finally got to try the recipe... once I had the time and cash for the other ingredients.


So here they are. I tried one of my overbaked leftover cupcakes (you know, when you have enough batter you can't just throw it away, so you use the remainder to make 4 little cupcakes.. and then promptly forget about them while you mix up a ganache? Oh, you don't do that?..Silly me) So I'm bringing these to work tonight, I'll update once I know how the masses feel.

And I won't be immediately posting up the recipe here. I've got about 6 hours til I've got to get up for work and I really need to get some sleep after this crazy week I've had.

2 comments:

Leta said...

I would like to eat these.

Unknown said...

Looks tasty. :) Yum.