Monday, March 14, 2011

March 2011 Daring Cook's Challenge: Ceviche and Papas Rellenas

Kathlyn of Bake Like a Ninja was our Daring Cooks’ March 2011 hostess. Kathlyn challenges us to make two classic Peruvian dishes: Ceviche de Pescado from “Peruvian Cooking – Basic Recipes” by Annik Franco Barreau. And Papas Rellenas adapted from a home recipe by Kathlyn’s Spanish teacher, Mayra. 





Okay guys.  Papas rellenas are one of my absolute favorites.  I've had them before at a Cuban restaurant and they were amazing.  Tasty meat surrounded by potatoes, then fried to delicious perfection.. Aaahh.
Unfortunately, I've been a bit rushed for this challenge.  This past week was Mardi Gras and I was lucky enough to have a friend from Iowa come visit.  At the end of her trip, hubby and I got a 6 week old puppy, so it's been a bit hectic.  Beyond that, my house is in disarray as we're having the windows replaced.  (I'm sitting beside my desk on the floor because my desk is full of everything that was once under the window.)

I've been a horrible blogger lately.  I'm sorry.

No comments: