Tuesday, February 12, 2008

eggplant disappointment


Dinner last night was a disappointment. Hubby requested the turkey meatballs again; they ended up too moist and wouldn't hold shape.. I also decided to experiment with eggplant after seeing a bunch of recipes online. Basically, I cut an eggplant into rounds and baked them with mozzarella on top until the cheese was golden and bubbly. I didn't expect hubby to like it much - he is not a fan of eggplant in general, doesn't like the texture. Sadly, I didn't much like it either. Maybe it was the way it was prepared, or maybe I bought a tasteless eggplant. I was dissatisfied; the texture was a nice balance between firm and soft, but there wasn't much flavor other than that of the cheese.

I'll post something delicious tomorrow. Promise.

2 comments:

nancy said...

enjoying your blog, sarah!

try eggplant again when it's in season and when/if you can buy it fresh and local, in the summer. it's one of those veggies i don't mess with if i can't get it fresh. but when it is fresh, it is REALLY good.

Lyfling said...

I completely agree with the necessity for freshness!

I also will have to grill some eggplant for you when we get closer to summer. It's probably my favorite way for it to be prepared. The taste of good eggplant and the smoky flavor from the grill compliment each other very well. You will like.