Monday, December 14, 2009

December 2009 Daring Cooks Challenge

The 2009 Daring Cooks challenge was hosted by Simone of Junglefrog Cooking. Simone chose Salmon en Croute (or alternative recipes for Beef Wellington or Vegetable en Croute) from Good Food Online.


I was pretty stoked to see this month's challenge because I have been planning to attempt Beef Wellington for awhile.  Since I've already made something really similar to the Salmon en Croute, I decided it would be okay to go with the alternative.  Unfortunately, something happened to my pictures, and I've just got the one salvageable one.




Overall, I was disappointed in my beef wellington.  I think my expectations went well beyond the realities of the dish.  Perhaps were the seasonings a bit different... I don't know.  I can't imagine that there isn't a fantastic way to have such a nice cut of beef wrapped in yummy mushrooms and  pastry.

3 comments:

Amy Lucille said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy Lucille said...

Hey Sarah,

I made these for the first time a few years back... my side hurt the whole time, turns out I was having a appendicitis. I was able to finish cooking I made 4 total. Mine came out really good, but that was in my moms fancy oven. I will have to try again soon, pretty sure I am going to make a salmon version to safe some money. TC

jenna said...

Whoa, that is intense.

How's Louisiana?

I want a life-update email. :)