Thursday, January 14, 2010

January 2010 Daring Cooks' Challenge: Pork Satay with Peanut Sauce

The January 2010 DC challenge was hosted by Cuppy of Cuppylicious and she chose a delicious Thai-inspired recipe for Pork Satay from the book 1000 Recipes by Martha Day.

I was pretty excited because it is something I have always wanted to try but would never think to make.  I have always been super curious about peanut sauce!  I discovered it is tasty, but my fondness of peanut butter over the years has spoiled it.  After spooning some of the sauce over some rice, I just couldn't get over the feeling that I was eating peanut butter.  It was all psychological mind you.  I must try to overcome it.  The satay is tasty and fairly easy to make; it's just pork marinated for up to 24 hours then grilled (or broiled if it is the middle of winter). 




3 comments:

Amy Lucille said...

Looks great Sarah, I had a fun time with this challenge. Thanks for turning me on to the Daring Kitchen.

Luc

Audax said...

NIce looking satay and the chillies on the peanut sauce looks great. Great that the recipe was quick easy and tasty and maybe your mental-block about the sauce will abate. Cheers from Audax in Sydney Australia.

Mama Sarah said...

Luc - So glad you've joined up with the Daring Kitchen. It's wonderful!

Audax - I hope it will! I've got the same issue with baking with lavender. Silly mental hang-ups!