Saturday, August 14, 2010

August 2010 Daring Cook's Challenge: Pierogi

The August 2010 Daring Cooks’ Challenge was hosted by LizG of Bits n’ Bites and Anula of Anula’s Kitchen. They chose to challenge Daring Cooks to make pierogi from scratch and an optional challenge to provide one filling that best represents their locale.



Man, I just barely completed this challenge.  Hubby and I threw a housewarming party today for which I made waay too much food.  Prior to that, we've been  fixing and painting and cleaning and all the wonderfully time consuming things owning a house has.

For my filling, I actually used mashed potatoes and mushroom cream sauce left over from the party.  Worked quite well!  The pierogi were delicious and easy to make! Next, I want to use bacon in them somehow,.

No comments: