Wednesday, April 27, 2011

April 2011 Daring Baker's Challenge: Maple Mousse in a Bacon Cup

There are 2 mandatory components to this challenge. You must make one of the 2 maple mousse recipes listed below and you must make an edible container in which to place your mousse for presentation.

What a challenge!  I was excited for the bacon bowls, but I've never been a huge fan of maple.  This has always been a little heartbreaking for me, as I read an enchanting book as a child set in Vermont on a maple farm.  I always wanted to try drizzling fresh maple syrup on the snow to make candy as they did in the novel, but a lack of syrupy trees and snow prevented me from doing so.  




Tonight, I got overambitious with my bacon bowls.  I think I made them too big, so they were floppyish.  I double-bowled them for my picture.  I do want to try making some smaller ones for scrambled eggs.  


I ended up making myself a little deconstructed dessert bowl.  Incidentally, I discovered that I hate gloopy cloying overpowering "maple" syrup and  not the actual maple flavor.  YAY!!  

No comments: