Sunday, January 29, 2012

Spicy Mustard Potato Salad

Wow guys.  Second week of posting and we almost didn't get one.  I had one of those weeks where my brain decided my body didn't need to usual amount of restful sleep, so by Friday I was a bit of a hysterical zombie.  Which led to sleeping most of Saturday.  Follow that with an impromptu home-project in the kitchen... and here we are. 

Yesterday, I got this intense craving for bbq chicken.  Since I live in southern Louisiana, that's not a completely preposterous thing to eat in January.  For bbq chicken, hubby said I needed to make either mac'n'cheese or potato salad.  I've been wanting to try a different take on potato salad for awhile, so I opted for that.  The mustard I used wasn't quite right and I overcooked my potatoes so they mashed up ALOT but I think this has potential.



Spicy Mustard Potato Salad
  • 3 lbs potatoes, peeled and chopped (I used russet this time; I would probably use red next time)
  • 2 boiled eggs, chopped
  • 2 tbsp spicy whole ground mustard
  • 1 tbsp mayo
  • 2 tbsp finely chopped bacon pieces
  • salt to taste
Boil potatoes just until thoroughly cooked; you don't want them to mash up while you're stirring.  Stir in other ingredients until well combined.

I know, complex right? Next week I'll have a proper post (there's a cookie recipe I'm dying to try). 

No comments: