Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Brownie Disappointment

So yesterday was iffy and I really wanted to bake something. Something chocolatey. My first choice - a marbled pound cake - required more time than I had before I had to return to work, so I decided on brownies. Yes, I made brownies a few days ago for Amanda's birthday. And at that point, I wasn't fully satisfied with them. I wanted a brownier brownie. And so I attempted the Katherine Hepburn Brownies.


I'm not posting the recipe myself. You can follow the link. They are waaaay too sweet and chocolatey. I know, I know. Brownies are meant to be sweet and chocolatey, but not this much. They caused my face to scrunch. I like the idea; the chocolate chunks melted into gooey bits of wonderful (see above picture), but the entire thing just was too much. Sad times, right?

In other news, I've finally gotten up-to-date on TasteSpotting. YAY!

No comments: