Sunday, March 14, 2010

March 2010 Daring Cooks' Challenge: Risotto

The 2010 March Daring Cooks challenge was hosted by Eleanor of MelbournefoodGeek and Jess of Jessthebaker. They chose to challenge Daring Cooks to make risotto. The various components of their challenge recipe are based on input from the Australian Masterchef cookbook and the cookbook Moorish by Greg Malouf.


 I was SO excited when I saw risotto was this month's challenge! I've been considering attempting it for a month or so now, especially after I learned Courtney really wanted to make some too! Unfortunately, things kept coming up so I had to do this challenge at the last moment and couldn't get Courtney over here.  But really, that just means I'll be making another batch soon.  
The challenge was super lenient; we had to make the stock from scratch and create the risotto base, but the end result was all our own.  Hubby wanted shrimp risotto, but I didn't want to put shrimp directly in the risotto.  Instead, I decided basil and parmesan would go nicely with shrimp and thus my risotto was born.   This was my first time ever having risotto, and I totally understand why it's such a popular dish.  It is so versatile and comforting!   I can't wait to make some more with Courtney.

1 comment:

Audax said...

WOW you can really tell you liked this month's challenge and it does look so scrumptious and creamy well done on this challenge. Cheers from Audax in Sydney Australia.