Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Adult Grilled Cheese

Apologies again for my extended absence. Chemical imbalances are no fun at all. Plus, I'm at the end of the semester and I just spent some time in New Orleans (yum!) This summer should be filled with fun cooking times.

Anyhoo, Amanda was flipping through a magazine that had a feature on grilled cheese varieties. Tonight, after realizing I didn't want to cook the pork loin I bought, I decided to play around a bit. First, I sliced an onion into thin strips and sauteed them in a bit of butter. While that was going, I thinly sliced a portobello mushroom (I ended up having the break the long slices in half to fit the bread). I prepped my bread like I would for grilled cheese, and placed on slice on the skillet. I then placed a layer of mushrooms, topped that with onions, and then added shredded cheese. Then I topped it with the other slice of bread. It was tall and somewhat unwieldly..but I made due. It was very simple, but tasty as I love mushrooms, onions, and cheese. I wish I had had mozzarella , but oh well. It was good all the same. Hubby would eat it again.

No comments: