Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Figs!

So my hometown has experienced quite a development boom. This includes a "high end" market that my sister and I checked out. And then I dragged hubby there because I loved it! For the past year, I've been seeing all these recipes using fresh figs that looked amazing, but I can never find it. Finally, at The Fresh Market, I found some! I decided I was going to make a sauce to drizzle on top of them, using a sweet red wine, caramelized sugar, and perhaps honey, then serve them with unsweetened whipped cream.

Sadly, figs don't stay fresh very long, and by the time I had the time to prepare the sauce, only 2 of the figs were still good. Oh well. I still got my first taste of fresh figs - so yummy! I just decided to halve them and drizzle them with honey. Yum. I wish I had some now.

No comments: