Wednesday, August 13, 2008

um... Hi

Bad, bad me. It has been quite awhile since I last posted. Between working 40 hours a week, then baking for hours for the farmers' market, I just didn't have time to try out any new recipes. Then, I spent a marvelous week in Louisiana visiting my family and eating tasty tasty good. And now, I'm just a week and a half from classes beginning. AND hubby got a "promotion" (new position, more money) that will have him working 2:00-10:30 AM! Yowza!! So that I can actually see and speak to said darling hubby, I've put myself up for a shift bid - going full time, working 12:00-8:30 AM. So, upheaval? Check. But have no fear (well maybe a scoosh); I will maintain this blog! I will do it!! A girl's gotta eat, right? Yes.

Rant of excuses over. I thought I'd let you know some of the glorious foods I ate while in Louisiana:
bbq: brisket, chicken, Richards sausage (BEST EVER)
cheeseball (I'll make this one day, I promise)
squash casserole (Thanksgiving, hopefully)
Mom's amazing guacamole (not brave enough to attempt by myself)
fried shrimp poboy & string onion rings (Julien's Poboys)
delicious turkey breast - slow cooked
boudin
chicken and sausage gumbo
shrimp etouffee
eggplant casserole
muffelata
tamales
chicken ranch pizza
stuffed crab
corn and crab bisque
pan-broiled shrimp
chocolate covered sunflower seeds (YUM)

Mmmmmm tasty foods.

No comments: