Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Pizza

I'm a believer in cosmic balance. For every good thing, there is a bad thing and vice versa. Today was fabulous; it was the first day in a long time that I had all to myself without any obligations. No work. No market. No appointments. I slept until I was ready to arise. I had a great lunch with Amanda at Croissant du Jour. I went to the store and had a nice time looking at things. I decided to make pizza for dinner; fun right?

Right before starting to make the hearthbread that I planned to use as crust, I realized I forgot to buy 2 things and had to go back to the store. Prepared the dough, using my new/old stand mixer (!!!!!). An hour after rising, it hadn't really risen. I figured it was user error; I used my mixer to knead the bread. I tried to call hubby on his way home, but he didn't answer, so once he got home he had to go back out and get store made (meh) pizza crust. And I used too much cheese.

Since I had started making the hearthbread, I had already baked the 4 cloves of garlic, so I decided to go ahead and make the garlic/olive oil/parsley sauce. But some of my garlic burned, so I added tomatoes to increase the volume. It was an off shade of orange.

After spreading the sauce, I laid down a layer of spinach leaves and some roma tomato slices. Heaped on the mozzarella (too much heaping action), then laid down baby bella mushrooms, artichoke hearts, and crumbled bacon.

Even though there was too much cheese, it was tasty.



Oh, and my hearthbread has finally risen enough!

No comments: