Monday, April 6, 2009

Hello My Lovelies

It seems I've lapsed again, eh? Well, you're right in that I haven't posted in an atrociously long time. But this time it really isn't my fault. I wouldn't really say blame should be tossed around at all. Let me explain:

March 24th, my wonderful big sis gave birth to her first baby, a little boy named Dylan who is not only my first nephew, but also my godchild. (He's adorable, btw). Unfortunately, hours after his birth the doctors realized he had a congenital heart defect (tetralogy of fallot for those in the know). It seemed pretty serious, so I drove down to New Orleans to meet up with everyone at the Children's Hospital where he shall spend the first month or so of his life. Even before I arrived, the outlook brightened exponentially. He had surgery this past Friday and is doing quite well.. impressively so. If all continues to go well, he should be able to go home in 2 weeks!

But driving to NoLa and back wrecked a wee bit of havoc on my schedule. I've been playing catch up with school and sleep. I'm finally back into the swing of things, so the posts should start coming again. BUT this is the last week of my undergraduate career, so perhaps I'll slack a little.

And now, a gratutious photo of my nephew, just because he's so darn cute!

1 comment: