Saturday, August 1, 2009

Roasted Brussels Sprouts

Oh brussels sprouts, how I love thee! So simple and delicious; three mere ingredients inspire my tastebuds to sing. I especially love the little leaves (correct word) that fall off and crisp up. Mmmmmm.


Roasted Brussels Sprouts
  • 1 lb brussels sprouts
  • olive oil
  • salt
Preheat oven to 400F. Prep a baking sheet by lightly oiling it or lining it with foil.

Clean brussels sprouts, removing any wilted or damaged leaves. Cut off the stubby end, then cut them in half, lengthwise.

Place sprouts cut side down on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Salt generously.

Bake 15 minutes. Flip brussels sprouts over, drizzle with a bit more olive oil, then bake an additional 5 minutes.

Devour. Possibly share with fellow diners; I try to.

1 comment:

Lyfling said...

Hehe, "stubby end" . . . and I also love the beautiful little brussels sprouts. This is my favorite way to have them prepared. Or maybe sautéed with butter . . . hmm . . . you're the devil. <3