Thursday, January 24, 2008

Challah

Oh the marvelous places TasteSpotting brings me to... The moment I saw this recipe for honey-vanilla challah, I had to try it...and I did, less than a week later.

I decided to photo-document parts of my challah adventure.


My dough, after 2 hours of rising.


The dough required a good poking to deflate it. I giggled furiously throughout this step; hubby probably thought I lost my mind.


Be impressed by my dough-braiding skills - I am.


Right before baking, I applied a nice egg and olive oil glaze. Yum.


And here, my darlings, is the finished challah. Please note, I do not yet own a proper cooling rack, so I had to craft one from a pot holder and kabob skewers.

The bread is tasty with just a slight hint of vanilla and honey.. With my sweet tooth, I'd prefer the flavor be a bit more pronounced, but it was still delicious. Make it!

3 comments:

Lyfling said...

Mmmmm . . .

At first I was like, "You put the pictures in the wrong order, Sarah Bear!" but then all was well . . .

You're like a blogging fiend! I'm thoroughly impressed and am most certainly enjoying it.

Well done =)

Lyfling said...

(PS Do you know of any way to subscribe to people on here? I'd like to know the instant you post something new . . . so I can come over and steal some! Bwahaha!!

But yeah, any idea?

<3)

Lyfling said...

I ate the piece you left me tonight and it was MUI tasty! I demand more bready goodness!