Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A quite delicious dinner

Okay, I promise I will stop doing full meal things soon, and have some proper stuff up.. and sadly, I can't put up a picture, but DEFINITELY try out these delicious, yummy foods.

First we have delicious turkey meatballs that I slightly adapted from this recipe. I couldn't find ground chicken, so I just used a full pound of ground turkey. Hubby and I didn't have a device gratetastic enough to grate onion, so he just chopped it up as finely as he could (he's such a good helper). I also went a bit heavy on the garlic as I love it immensely. Sadly, I ran out of olive oil, so I had to cook the meatballs in vegetable oil; it wasn't bad, but next time I'll use olive oil. I decided to serve them with a dill sauce, similar to what you get in Mediterranean restaurants. I think it was a good choice!

Next come the brussels sprouts. I'll admit I've never made them any way other than heating up a frozen packet, so I was excited to try this recipe. Delicious! I halved it since there's only the two of us, and I didn't imagine the sprouts would keep well. Definitely taste as you go along to find the right firmness for you.

Lastly, while at the store, I decided I needed a bread component to the meal. I bought a loaf of sweet french bread - tasty on its own - then sliced 4 pieces from the loaf (excluding the end). I brushed olive oil over the tops, then placed a thin tomato slice on top. To finish it off, I placed a chunk of gouda (oooooo gouda), then broiled them for a couple of minutes. It's a tasty, simple combo.

I've bought cherries for dessert, and I'm also in the process of making this honey-vanilla challah. I'll let you know how it goes: i'm stoked!!

No comments: