Saturday, July 4, 2009

Black Bean and Corn Salsa

I've just gotten back from a fourth of July celebration at my sister's house, and just have to post the divine salsa she made for us. What's great is that she predicted that I would want the recipe and emailed it to me this morning before I even arrived at her house. We believe it's a Weight Watchers recipe, though we're not sure. My sister got it from her sister-in-law who we think got it from her mom.. and who knows where it came from before then. Regardless of its origin, it is DELICIOUS. I love non-traditional salsas with black beans or tomatillos. (My aunt makes a fabulous tomatillo salsa.) This is a great recipe to pull out to impress your friends.


Black Bean and Corn Salsa
  • 1 can black beans, drained
  • 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
  • 1 green bell pepper, diced
  • 1 red bell pepper, diced
  • 1/2 purple onion, diced
  • 2-3 jalapenos, diced
  • a few green onions
  • 1/3 cup lime juice
  • 1/3 cup lemon juice
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp cumin
  • 1/2 tsp red pepper

In a large bowl, combine vegetables.

Mix together lime juice, lemon juice, and olive oil. Add to vegetables and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cumin, salt, and red pepper, then mix thoroughly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes it is very yummy!!
-The best sister ever

Leta said...

:) it is a weight watcher's recipe. And don't ask me how I know that.

How's post-collegiate life in Louisiana treating you?

Unknown said...

That looks delicious, and I don't generally like salsa, but I do LOVE black beans (for some reason - I don't normally like beans, either).

Miss you! <3