Sunday, October 18, 2009

Glazed Carrots

So I don't really like cooked carrots; I never have. I've tolerated the syrupy sweet ones because I have a major sweet tooth, but I just hate the mushiness of cooked carrots. Love them raw, but I avoid them cooked.  That is, until a few days ago when I was struck with the strongest desire.. no, yearning to cook some carrots. I have no idea why, but they suddenly seemed like the most delicious idea ever. It's bizarre, and honestly sort of sounds like I'm pregnant (which I'm not), but oh well. Bizarre is my life. 



I looked at a few carrot recipes, then just decided to wing it. It's pretty basic and simple. And did i mention scrumptious?

Ever so Sweet Glazed Carrots
  • 1 bunch of carrots, peeled, trimmed, and cut into half, then quartered
  • 3 tbsp butter
  • salt
  • water
  • 2 tbsp brown sugar


Melt the butter in a medium sized skillet (one with a lid). Once it's melted, add the carrots and stir to coat. Sprinkle with salt, then add in water until it's about halfway up the carrots. 


Cover and simmer over medium low heat for 20 minutes.  Remove the lid and let the sauce cook down.  If you find the carrots to be softening too much, remove them to a bowl and cover it. 


Add the brown sugar and stir until melted.  Let the sauce cook until it has thickened slightly, then add back in the carrots and stir to coat. 


Easy peasy  deliciousness.

No comments: