Sunday, September 19, 2010

Reese's Chewy Chocolate Cookies

My dad has been working a lot lately, and my sister and I, finally deciding it had been absolutely too long since we had seen him, told him he had the choice of either taking us to Cracker Barrel or barbecuing for us this weekend.  Lucky for us, Dad offered to BBQ (his is the best!).  We decided on a day and time kind of late, so I decided I'd just make cookies for dessert.  Rummaging through my tub of chocolate chips, etc, I came across an unopened bag of Reese's peanut butter chips.  Score!!  I flipped the bag over and saw a recipe for chewy, chocolately cookies and thought "double score!" as I'd been thinking of making chocolate cookies.  Everyone loved the cookies, especially hubby.


Reese's Chewy Chocolate Cookies
(from the back of the Reese's Peanut Butter Chips bag)
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 1/4 cup butter, softened
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 10-oz bag peanut butter chips 

Preheat oven to 350F.

Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.

In a separate bowl, beat sugar and butter until fluffy.  Add eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined.   Gradually mix in flour until well combined.

Drop rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet (I always lay  down parchment paper).  Bake 8-9 minutes.  Do not overbake!  Cool slightly, then remove to a cooling rack.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While the BBQ was OK, the cookies were wonderful. As a matter of fact, I checked your blog specifically to see if you had the recipe on here. Going to make them tomorrow for the guys at work.
Dad