Thursday, June 26, 2008

Cookies & Cream Brownies

For today's work treat, I decided to pull out an old recipe from my first days of really getting into baking. My grandma had given my mom these amazing Taste of Home cookbooks and I LOVED them. This recipe comes from one of the books, I'm sorry I don't have specific information - I'll try to find it.

By the way, these were absolutely devoured in the first two hours of my shift.


Cookies & Cream Brownies:
Cream layer
1 pkg (8oz) cream cheese, softened
¼ cup sugar
1 egg
½ tsp vanilla extract
Brownie layer
½ cup butter or margarine, melted
½ cup sugar
½ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup baking cocoa
2 eggs
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
12-18 oreos, crushed (I use "Double Stuf")

In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla until smooth; set aside.
For brownie layer, combine butter, sugars, and cocoa in a large mixing bowl; blend well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Combine flour and baking powder; stir into coca mixture. Stir in the vanilla and cookie crumbs.
Pour into a greased 11 x 7 x 2 baking pan. Spoon cream cheese mixture over batter; cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
Bake at 350ยบ
for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs. Cool completely.

No comments: