Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Sausage and Penne in Mustard Cream Sauce

So we're back up! Water isn't at 100%, but we can do normal household things like wash dishes. YAY! I've had a productive day (more on that later). Since TasteSpotting has gone down, other sites have begun to crop up to replace it (HAH!) I've been checking out Food Gawker and came across this recipe today, which I decided to make for dinner, on a whim, while standing in the produce aisle of the grocery store. I kind of followed the recipe and kind of did my own thing with it.


Sausage and Penne in Mustard Cream Sauce:
Penne, 2 servings worth
1 lb sausage (I used Hillshire Farms Italian Smoked Sausage)
olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
2-3 stalks of spring onions, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/2-1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1/2-1 tsp ground mustard
salt and pepper
3/4 cup heavy cream
salt and pepper

Prepare penne. While pasta is boiling, slice sausage. In a skillet, brown the sausage in a bit of olive oil. Remove from pan.
Saute garlic and onions for a minute, until fragrant and onion is slightly wilted. Add mushrooms and saute until tender.
Add sausage, mustard, cream, salt and pepper. Simmer over low heat until sauce reduces a bit.
Once penne is cooked, drain fully and toss with sauce.
Serve with parmesan sprinkled on top (I forgot to do this, but it would be tasty!).

No comments: