Sunday, June 22, 2008

Honey Dijon Chicken


See my little smashed potato there? So delicious! Also, that green thing is an attempt at a lettuce wedge. I didn't quite succeed, which is okay because I didn't try too hard. But, neither of those things are the point of those post, are they?

I am intrigued by the idea of baking a whole chicken. I don't know why. It's not like I've never had baked chicken before. It's just something I think about.. alot. I came across this recipe which seemed nice and it came to mind when I was pondering what to serve with those potatoes for dinner. Well, I didn't have time to cook a whole chicken. I took forever trying to decide what cut of chicken to use: breasts? thighs? drumsticks? I decided tenders would cook quickly and would have a nice sauce to meat ratio, which is highly important to us.

Honey Dijon Chicken:
1 lb chicken (I used strips of breast meat)
olive oil
salt and pepper
approximately 2 tbsp dijon mustard
approximately 2 tbsp honey
parmesan cheese (optional)

Preheat the oven to 350F.
Season the tenders with the salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a skillet; brown the chicken.
Remove the tenders from the skillet and place into a baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes.
While the strips are baking, mix together the honey and dijon. The exact measurements don't really matter, but you do need to have equal parts of the two ingredients.
After 10 minutes, remove the chicken from the oven and spoon the sauce over each tender. Return them to the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes, sprinkle the tenders with parmesan and let bake for another minute or two.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That looks delicious - especially the potatoes! (I <3 Potatoes.)