Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Duck Fat Potatoes

So in my researching of roasting duck, I came across this one site that swore by duck fat potatoes. I did save the duck fat, because I want to try doing a duck confit, but that takes quite a few fat renderings. In the meanwhile, I decided to try these potatoes, regardless of the blatant unhealthiness. And I don't regret it.


There isn't really much of a recipe for this; cube some potatoes, melt some duck fat in a skillet, dump the potatoes into oil and let 'em fry. Woohoo. Once they're crispy golden, remove them to a paper towel lined plate to let them drain a bit and sprinkle generously with salt.

Now, without doing a side by side comparison, I can't really tell that much of a different between these potatoes and ones that are made with butter or olive oil. Shame on me, I guess. Don't get me wrong; they were delish, but they weren't the best potatoey goodness that I've had.

No comments: