Monday, September 1, 2008

Soon Soon

Alright folks, cooking rut is over. It has to be, or I'll start going crazy. The only thing is balancing it with my work and school schedules. Because of the new schedule, hubby will be taking up some of the cooking responsibilities and some meals will just have to be quick and easy. As you might have discovered, I generally don't go for too quick and easy, so my stockpile of recipes is a bit less helpful. So recipe hunting is in order; also, I'll soon be using some of my mom's recipes from when I was growing up - smothered chicken breasts tomorrow.
I've also got a good little group of coworkers who I would really like to bake for; we're a group of 6 working our midnight shift (plus a supervisor or two), so we all work to keep each other awake. My contribution shall be sugar! I made smores bars for Sunday morning, which went over VERY well.
AND hubby's birthday is on the 8th, and he has requested duck. DUCK! I've never prepared a duck and I've only eaten it once before at a restaurant. So there's that to look forward to, and I'm excited. A duck! This all came about as we were grocery shopping and he happened to notice frozen game birds in the freezer section. And thus, he wants duck for his birthday. Perhaps we'll have goose for christmas? Anyhoo, a birthday meal is in order.
Today, for labor day, we had tasty tasty sirloin prepared by dearest hubby as he is our steak man. Mmmm steak.

2 comments:

The CWC said...

Liking the new layout. Jealous of steak.

The CWC said...

whoops - this is Jenna, logged in as new wc blog