Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Mustard Salmon

At the store yesterday, I noticed the meat counter had salmon. Yum yum. It has been quite some time since we've had any. I've been dying to try duck fat potatoes (more on that later) and I thought salmon might be a nice companion. I also picked up some pre-made stuffed mushrooms that I adore. All in all, a tasty meal.

At first, I wasn't sure what exactly to do with the salmon. I came across this recipe for a simple mustard sauce and decided to give it a try. (By the way, I hate! when a blog only has the recipe on a video. I don't want to watch a video if it's a super simple technique).


Mustard Salmon:
  • 1 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
  • 2 tsp rice vinegar
  • 2 tsp loose brown sugar (I added this to sweeten it up)
  • salmon (I had 3 small fillets)

Turn your oven on to broil. Place a piece of foil over a baking sheet. Place fillets on the sheet.

In a small bowl, combine mustard, sugar, and vinegar. Brush or pour the sauce over the fillets, spreading evenly.

Broil 6-10 minutes or until meat is flaky.

No comments: