Saturday, September 6, 2008

Moroccan Pork Chop Marinade

We have a special post today, as dearest hubby is the one who cooked. Last week when I managed to drag him to the grocery store with me, he spied some pork chops that he had to have. He got them on the condition that HE would cook them. Today he did. We were trying to figure out something new to do with pork chops, so I of course searched online for pork marinades. Peering over my shoulder, hubby saw one he liked and tada, moroccan marinade. Now I'm not sure how legitimately Moroccan this marinade is, but we both enjoyed its tastiness. Though lately, I've been craving lots of veggies and not so much meat. But that's neither here nor there.


Moroccan Marinade:
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1/2 cup finely diced onion
  • juice of 2 lemons (approximately 6 tbsp of lemon juice)
  • 5 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro (hubby used dried parsley instead because that's what we had)
  • 3 tsp ground cumin
  • 2 tsp crumbled bay leaves
  • 2 tsp paprika (didn't have it, so hubby used about 1 tsp red pepper)
  • 1/2 tsp ground turmeric

Combine. Pour over pork chops and let marinate. The suggested time was 6 hours.. we only did for about 2 hours. Oh well.

Hubby also made cottage fried potatoes. Instead of our usual way, he diced up the onion and used Chacheres instead of salt and pepper. He also used new potatoes, and they were some of the best new potatoes ever. So, I'll admit, I had a bit of pork chop and ALOT of potatoes for dinner.

So glad I have a hubby who can cook!

2 comments:

The CWC said...

Want to contribute a recipe (or list, or quote, or anecdote, or story, or observation, etc) to the new WC blog?

-Jenna

Unknown said...

Yummy. Sounds super tasty. I made more stir fry last week, but my veggies were undercooked. Still tasty, but not my usual.