Sunday, February 7, 2010

Guacamole

Well, it's Superbowl Sunday and I must say this is the first year I plan to watch the Superbowl.  I'm not big into watching sports, especially not on tv.  That being said, I have grown up with the Saints and their epically horrible playing.  They've been a joke all my life and to see them playing so well is amazing and exciting.  So perhaps I'm a fair-weather fan, but I'm excited to see the game.   That being said, hubby and I plan on a quiet viewing at home.  We don't really have any Superbowl feast in the works, but I did make my mom's awesome guacamole. 


 It is fairly easy to make, though perfecting it requires a discriminating tongue.   


Chunky Guacamole
  • 2 avocados
  • 1/8 cup salsa
  • 1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce 
  • 1/2 tsp lemon juice
  • salt and pepper


Cut the avocados into large chunks; they will break down into smaller pieces as you mix everything together.   Stir in the salsa, Worcestershire, and lemon juice.  Mix well.  Salt and pepper to taste.   If the guacamole seems a little bland, try sprinkling in a little more Worcestershire; it's adds both a saltiness and a kick of tang.  Make sure when salting to take into account the saltiness of the chips you'll be serving with it.


 

1 comment:

Amy Lucille said...

Looks Delicious! Good game eh? I was happy to see the Saints win <3