Friday, July 4, 2008

Lemonade

First post of the day! I'm hoping that by posting as I go, it won't feel so overwhelming. This is my second attempt ever at squeezing fresh juice, the first being many a mother's day ago. I don't think we even had a juicer or anything, so I squeezed squeezed squeezed a bunch of OJ. I think the result was a bit sour. Oh well. This attempt was better.


Lemonade:
  • 2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice (You'll need about 6-7 lemons. If you're lucky like me, the grocery store will have a nice little bag of lemons with a sunkist juicer included! Yay shopping at 1:30 am!)
  • 6 cups water
  • 1 1/2 - 2 cups sugar


It's really easy. Juice your lemons, though you might have to take breaks to clear the pulp away. Combine juice, sugar, and water, and mix until sugar has dissolved. Now, depending on how you like your lemonade, you may want to tweak the water and sugar amounts. I think the lemonade is a bit strong, hubby thinks it's a bit watery. I like my lemonade supersweet, others might like it more tart. Taste as you go.
I find it's easier to get everything mixed in well if the water you use is warm, but this requires extra refrigeration time until the lemonade is deliciously cool. Ice cubes help.

No comments: